Vacancy: Commercial Operations Manager
UD Group is the market leading platform provider to the energy and utilities sector. Due to ongoing business expansion, we are currently seeking a Commercial Operations Manager to assist the sales team with core business processes and metric management.
We are expanding our commercial team by recruiting a Commercial Operations Manager to support our dynamic, entrepreneurial and ambitious team. The successful applicant will be highly personable with great attention to detail. Knowledge of the utilities/energy sector is advantageous but not required. Demonstrable experience of the management of key performance indicators and the ability to work as an effective team player is essential.
Candidates will require strong attention to detail as a key component of the role will be metric management on the performance/output of the Commercial function. The successful candidate will have responsibility for maintaining the sales metrics for review at Board, therefore experience of commercial KPI management is essential as is a demonstrable understanding of the sales life-cycle.
Whilst this is initially an internal role, there may be a requirement to attend customer meetings in order to assist in meeting facilitation and requirements gathering as the role develops. Therefore, flexibility and the ability to travel will be considered necessary.
Candidates should display a friendly and outgoing personality with exceptional communication skills. The ability to demonstrate professional persistence in communication, coupled with the gravitas to improve business process, is considered essential. The successful candidate will be required to liaise effectively with different stakeholder teams including:
- Customer Success
- Product Management
A key requirement of the role will be to act as a conduit between each of the teams to ensure that information is disseminated appropriately. The ideal candidate will have worked within an operations management role within a highly successful commercial team in an entrepreneurial, high growth environment. The ability to handle a fast-pace environment is essential.
The candidate will need to have a flexible attitude to work as the role will additionally support some US based growth activity. The role will involve autonomous working and the ability to be a self-starter. Experience of the energy market (from either a supplier or broker perspective) is considered highly desirable. Experience or knowledge of UD Group software products would be advantageous.
Could this be you?
Applicants for the role of Commercial Operations Manager will demonstrate a strong commercial and KPI background and will be able to multi-task. The post holder also requires an aptitude for learning, the ability to hit the ground running and experience of working in a commercial function gathering metrics and supporting external field sales staff.
Whilst the role is initially internal and KPI focused, there is scope for both external sales visits and developing relationships with key customers. Therefore, the successful applicant must display great communication skills, a can-do attitude and the ability to work as an effective team member.
Application close: 15/05/2020
Contract type: Permanent
Contract hours: Full-Time (37 hours per week)
Salary: Highly competitive – based on experience (and benefits)
Reporting to: Chief Revenue Officer
Location: Currently home-based, but office based when appropriate (South Manchester)
Main purpose of the role:
To be a focal point of sales delivery and commercial success within the business. This role will liaise closely with the sales team to ensure information is shared on a timely and accurate basis. The post holder will work closely with the Commercial team to ensure that customer requirements are captured, and that documentation is complete (including tenders and other sales request for information). The role will involve developing strong relationships internally and externally with the customer base.
- Monitoring, management and creation of sales performance metrics on an ongoing basis.
- Providing input and metrics for monthly Board meetings.
- Trend analysis with the ability to analyse sales performance data.
- Supporting the evolution and development of the sales CRM.
- Tender completion and responding to requests for information from customers.
- Developing a commercial document library to improve the speed and effectiveness of customer enquiries.
- Building and maintaining successful commercial relationships with external customers, understanding constraints and providing feedback to key stakeholders.
- Implementing a revised and improved methodology for customer complaints.
- Liaising with customers to understand any issues being faced and to provide feedback to internal teams.
- Communicating effectively with members of the sales team in order to maintain accurate forecasts and commercial pipeline.
- Chasing information persistently to ensure all commercial opportunities are maximised.
- Working closely with the Commercial Director, assisting where necessary with diary arrangements and meeting facilitation.
Key skills required:
- Attention to detail
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Commercial acumen
- Exceptional written English
- Strong communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Problem solving
- Team building
- Relationship driven
- Ability to work under pressure.