Vacancy: Cloud Engineer
POWWR is the market leading platform provider to the energy and utilities sector. Due to ongoing business expansion, we are currently seeking a Cloud Engineer to execute and design our cloud strategy and roadmap.
Application close: 30/10/2020
Contract type: Permanent
Contract hours: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Salary: Competitive – based on experience (and benefits)
Reporting to: Director of Engineering
Location: Currently home-based, but office based when appropriate (Connecticut, USA)
- Establish network architecture and standards for cloud networking
- Manage the automation and provisioning of environments in MS Azure and other platforms for our product range
- Lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of automated pipelines for all our DevOps activities using Azure DevOps
- Manage the build and deployment of software artifacts to all environments with a defined and documented release process
- Specify and deploy appropriate management tools to monitor the health of software artifacts
- Participate in development sprints in agile release environment, as required.
- Lead innovation activity within cloud infrastructure, cybersecurity and participate in wider innovation forums as appropriate.
- Provision of infrastructure for SQL databases, web app, API, storage account, function, data warehouse etc.
- Ensure adherence to client standards, policies and quality compliance, enterprise metadata definition
- Design the data migration routines
- Design and develop Security control measures
- Automate routine operational tasks or other maintenance actions.
- Provide support for cloud services and workflows
- Migrate on-premise, private cloud resources (Iaas) to MS Azure (Pass)
- Work with Customer Success team closely to ensure that any customer issues are handled in a timely fashion
- Facilitate collaboration and sharing of skills with other engineers, product owners, designers, testers, and business units to overcome challenges, increase product quality, and optimize workflows.
Technical skills required:
- Subject Matter Expert in Azure cloud, including professional network experience designing and operating solutions built on Azure at an enterprise scale
- Cloud and Automation experience in Azure and automation tools such as Azure DevOps, Octopus Deploy
- Architecture Design, implementation, and support of highly distributed setups (ensure high availability and reliability)
- Experience in migrating on-premises, private cloud resources (Iaas) to MS Azure (Paas)
- Strong understanding of cloud, automation, and infrastructure
- Strong troubleshooting skills for Cloud and Automation
- Experience in successfully deploying Cloud within an Enterprise Environment
- Experience in successfully deploying Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Experience with versioning tools such as GIT and Azure DevOps
- Experienced in scripting and coding a must
- Minimum 5 years of experience in developing cloud-based software, services, and solutions
- Strong understanding of multi-tenant solutions/concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills